Welcome to the Ethernet POWERLINK – Made Easy project
Some of the features include
- Custom made VHDL MAC layer created specific for EPL
- 3 port hub - allowing both star and bus topology
- NMT state machine in C, running on a MicroBlaze
EPL-ME is in its current state under high development as a master thesis project.
2010-04-18 Bootloader Version 2.0 released
On the Release page, the source code can be obtained. It consist of 6 parts:
- A basis VHDL hardware design, which can be extended with custom VHDL modules.
- A basis Xilinx XPS design, consisting of a dual Microblaze setup
- Bootloader written in C for both Microblazes. To be placed in the bitfile for the FPGA, and starts executing from the microblazes block RAM when the FPGA is powered on.
- A makefile system possible to use on both Windows and Linux platforms
- An user guide for getting started with the bootloader
- An API for creating user applications
Take a look on the code, and you are welcome to return any comments about the code.
2009-12-28 Website updated
The main page is updated as part of the thesis preparation